Recipe for success, by Lottie (16)
- One newly formed Bake Club
- One gullible school counsellor
- 3 girls with secrets
- 1 cheerful Goth
- 1 bad boy
- Two cups of lies
- A spoonful of secrets
- Join Bake Club to get the school counsellor off your back
- Make friends, but don’t get too close
- Find out everyone else’s secrets (but don’t give up your own)
- Bake delicious treats to win national competition and get on TV
- Try not to fall in love with the bad boy…
Sixteen-year-old Lottie is on a mission to protect her biggest secret, and it’ll take every lie and every baking trick she can muster.
One year on from her father’s death, the school counselor is on her back about her slipping grades and refusal to take part in school activities. All of which Lottie could handle, if they weren’t threatening to pay her mum a home visit.
So Lottie agrees to join Bake Club, relying on the recipes her dad taught her to help the other members take part in a national baking competition. But from the very first chocolate chip cookies, it’s clear that she’s not the only one keeping secrets…